Council is offering de-sexing vouchers to provide residents with financial assistance to de-sex their dogs.
De-sexing your dog is important:
- De-sexed dogs may be much less likely to escape from your property or to fight and get injured
- Various forms of antisocial behaviour may be eliminated
- De-sexing stops the "heat" cycles in females, preventing unwanted or unknown breeding
- Your dog may become more content and settled
- 80% of dogs that are lost or wandering and picked up by Council are not de-sexed
Important note: Council's voucher does not cover the full cost of de-sexing.
See below for eligibility.
To complete an application form click here.