Please complete the Direct Debit Request Form and submit to Council using the below methods.
Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Direct all enquires to Council, rather than to your financial institution. These should be made at least 7 working days prior to the next scheduled drawing date.
Email to Council
(08) 8983 1165
|By Mail:||PO Box 446 Humpty Doo, NT, 0836|
You may Contact Us for more assistance.
Direct Debit Request Online
Our Commitment to You
Initial terms of the agreement
In terms of the Direct Debit Request arrangements made between us and signed by you, we undertake to periodically debit your nominated account for the agreed amount.
- The first drawing under this Direct Debit arrangement will occur on the date nominated on the Direct Debit Request.
- If any drawing falls on the non-business day, it will be debited from your account on the next business day following the scheduled drawing date.
- We will give you at least 14 days notice in writing, by email, or by phone when changes to the initial terms of the arrangement are made. This notice will state the new amount, frequency, next drawing date and any other changes to the initial terms.
- Deductions will be cancelled by Litchfield Council, if the property is transferred to a new owner that is not you, by notification from the Land Titles Office.
- If you wish to discuss any changes with the initial terms, please contact us.
Changes to the arrangement
If you wish to make changes to the drawing arrangements, contact, us. These changes may include:
- deferring the drawing; or
- altering the schedule; or
- stopping an individual debit; or
- suspending the DDR; or
- cancelling the DDR completely
All personal customer information held by us will be kept confidential except that information provided to our financial institution to initiate the drawing to your nominated account.
- If you believe that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly, we encourage you to take the matter up directly by contacting us.
- If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us to your dispute, contact your financial institution who will respond to you with an answer to your claim;
- Within 5 business days ( for claims lodged within 12 months of the disputed drawings); or
- Within 30 business days ( for claims lodged more than 12 months after the disputed drawing)
- You will receive a refund of the drawing amount if we can not substantiate the reason for the drawing.
Note: Your financial institution will ask you to contact us to resolve your disputed drawing prior to involving them.
Your Commitment to us
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- Your nominated account can accept direct debits ( your financial institution can confirm this);
- That on the drawing date there are sufficient cleared funds in the nominated account; and
- That you advise us if the nominated account is transferred or close;
- If your property is in the process of selling.
If your drawing is returned or dishonoured by our financial institution, we may re-draw on your account after four (4) business days, or contact you to arrange alternate payment.
Any transaction fees payable to us in respect of the above will be added to your account.