What is the Litchfield Council Community Grants Scheme?
Council's Community Grants Scheme aims to support community projects and activities which address local needs, strengthen community relationships, build social inclusion and environmental sustainability, and enhance the well-being of Litchfield residents.
To align with these aims, the Scheme will support applications which fit with Council's Strategic Plan 2018-2022, three priority areas and nine outcomes.
There are two types of Community Grants available
- Annual Community Grants (up to $5,000); and
- Community Initiative Grants (up to $500).
Annual Community Grants
Grant amount up to $5,000
Annual Community Grants encourage new ideas, sustainable projects and activities, and build social cohesion while benefiting the Litchfield Community.
The Community Grant Guidelines provide further information about this grant. Please download and read these guidelines before applying.
Download an application form here.
- Be an incorporated group or not for profit organisation based in Litchfield or provide services, activities or projects for the Litchfield community
- Submit the application before the deadline
- Be able to show how the project or activity benefits the Litchfield community
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous grants from Litchfield Council
- Have no outstanding debts with Litchfield Council
- Be able to demonstrate they have minimal financial resources or limited ability to fundraise for the project or activity
- Be prepared to acknowledge Council's support for the project or activity
Information Session at Council Chambers, 7 Bees Creek Road, Freds Pass - Tuesday 10 March 2020
Drop in anytime between 5.30pm - 7.00pm to chat to Council staff about your project and get help applying
Application Support Sessions at Taminmin Community Library, Friday 13 March 2020 and Tuesday 24 March 2020
Drop in anytime between 10am and 12noon at the Library to receive assistance in applying for your grant
Monday 30 March 2020 - 5pm
Notification to successful applicants
Wednesday 22 April 2020
By Thursday 30 April 2020
2. Review the Community Grant Guidelines
3. Attend on of the support sessions listed above or give us a call on 8983 0600 or email at email@example.com to discuss your application
4. Make sure all questions on the application form have been answered
5. Submit your application form in one of the following ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand deliver to Council Office, 7 Bees Creek Road, Freds Pass
- Post to Community Development Officer, PO Box 446, Humpty Doo NT 0836
Community Initiatives Grants
The Community Initiatives programme provides flexibility for Council to provide funding at any time for capacity building activities within the Municipality, assist individuals representing the Litchfield area, or make donations to fundraising appeals for local, major national or international issues.
The total pool of funding will be set each year in the Council budget with individual grants/donations/sponsorships up to a value of $500.
Applications can be made at any time of year, but must identify a need and benefit to the Litchfield Community. Applications will be assessed under delegation by the Chief Executive Officer and reported to Council on a quarterly basis.
For more information
To discuss your application or for any questions related to the Community Grants please contact Council's Community Development Officer on (08) 8983 0600 or email here