Challoner Circuit, Humpty Doo
Caretakers: Marlene Zammit 08 8988 1894
PO Box 1371, Humpty Doo, NT 0836
The Humpty Doo Village Green is situated on 20 acres of land donated to the Lions Club of Litchfield during the 1970's. Lions Club members, together with many members of the community, worked tirelessly landscaping the area, installing a bore, reticulation system, playground equipment and BBQ's.
Today the Humpty Doo Village Green is frequented by many community groups and local families who enjoy the well maintained picnic and playground area. The Hall is available for hire by community groups during the day and evenings. Litchfield Council took over the funding of the Reserve when it was established in 1985.
Recreation & Reserves
A large Community Hall was built with the assistance of the combined Lions Clubs of Darwin and Rural Areas, and the former Departments of Community Development and Youth, Sport and Recreation. His Honour The Administrator of the NT, Commodore E.E. Johnstone AM OBE opened the Hall on 26th December 1986. It was named the Ron Phillips Pavilion in recognition of one man among many who worked on this project.
Scouts, Skateboards and Scooters
Local community groups built a Scout Hall using the old pump house from Stokes Hill Wharf, Darwin.
The former Litchfield Council President Mr John Maley opened the Humpty Dumpty playground in February 1988.
The fully shaded Skate Park was opened by the then Chief Minister of the Northern Territory, Clare Martin in April 2002, it was fully shaded in 2005.
The Humpty Doo Bowls Club is also part of the Reserve. The Hon Barry Coulter MLA opened it in September 1988. The Club uses a synthetic green.
Events and Gatherings
- Social Bowls are held every Wednesday and Friday nights from 7.00pm
- Chris Austin holds Chi Gung classes every Wednesday morning from 8.30am to 9.45am
- The Humpty Doo Fibrecraft Group meet each Wednesday from 10.00am to 2.00pm
- The Humpty Doo Brumby Guides meet every Tuesday from 5.00pm to 7.00pm
- The Humpty Doo Joey Scouts, Cub Scouts and Scouts meet each Wednesday from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the Scout Hall, Village Green
- The Humpty Doo Venturer Scouts meet each Thursday from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the Scout Hall, Village Green.
- Garden Gatherings at the Humpty Doo Community Garden are held on weekday evenings and weekends
- The Skate Park is open daily