A partnership between Litchfield Council and the Northern Territory Government, will see Council deliver 13 projects to the value of $560,000 in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The Special Community Assistance and Local Employment (SCALE) Program provides Council with the opportunity to further support the employment of Territorians, continued delivery of essential services, buy local and support Territory businesses and improve sanitation in Council assets and infrastructure.
Litchfield Council Mayor Maree Bredhauer said at the Council meeting Wednesday night, Council approved the SCALE funding list and acknowledge that this additional funding will deliver projects to improve the liveability of Litchfield residents and continue to make Litchfield the best place to live ‘and work’ in the Top End.
“The projects will be delivered by 30 September 2020 and will inject some much-needed funds into our local businesses carrying out the projects” the Mayor said.
Project list below:
- Installation of new playground equipment at Humpty Doo Village Green
- Refurbishment of the existing playground at Livingstone Recreation Reserve
- An active recreation program to be held at the Council’s Recreation Reserves to support local businesses who may have been impacted by COVID-19
- Safety upgrades across the Municipality in line with Council’s Share Path Plan
- Installation of signage along the walking trails at McMinns Lagoon Recreation Reserve
- Further supporting Freds Pass Rural Show to deliver a mini-series on local produce and chefs
- Initial development of Mira Square to provide a community space for Southport
- Installation of digital whiteboards at Council offices to allow for digital meetings
- IT set up allowing Council services to be conducted remotely in the event of an emergency
- COVID-19 related signage for Council’s public facilities
- Installation of hand sanitiser stations for Howard Park and Knuckey Lagoon Recreation Reserves
- Entrance sign to the Municipality to welcome visitors to Litchfield