What is the Litchfield Council Community Grants Scheme?
Council's Community Grants Scheme aims to support community projects and activities which address local needs, strengthen community relationships, build social inclusion and environmental sustainability, and enhance the well-being of Litchfield residents.
To align with these aims, the Scheme will support applicants who fit with Coucnil's Strategic Plan 2018-2022, three priority areas and nine outcomes.
There are two types of Community Grants available
- Annual Community Grants (up to $5,000); and
- Community Initiative Grants (up to $500).
Applications open: Tuesday 24 April 2018
Applications close: Friday 8 June 2018
Awards evening: Thursday 28 June 2018
Annual Community Grants
Up to $5,000 will be provided for eligible organisations who have identified a need within the Litchfield Municipality that aligns with the above aims. All applications will be assessed by the Community Grants Committee after the closing date. Successful applicants will be announced at the award evening, which all applicants are invited to attend.
- be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or a company limited by guarantee that has been endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a charity, tax exempt fund or deductible gift recipient (DGR) that provides services within the Litchfield Municipality.
have no outstanding debt to Council
hold a bank account
- Schools who can demonstrate the project/event will have a wider community benefit
- Applications from individuals
Religious organisations unless there is a clear outline of Litchfield community benefits
Community Initiatives Grants
The Community Initiatives programme provides flexibility for Council to provide funding at any time for capacity building activities within the Municipality, assist individuals representing the Litchfield area, or make donations to fundraising appeals for local, major national or international issues.
The total pool of funding will be set each year in the Council budget with individual grants/donations/sponsorships up to a value of $500.
Applications can be made at any time of year, but must identify a need and benefit to the Litchfield Community. Applications will be assessed under delegation by the Chief Executive Officer and reported to Council on a quarterly basis.
Submitting an Application
1. Download an application form
3. Once you have completed the form and have all relevant supporting documentation, email your application here
4. All applications will receive a confirmation email
For more information
To discuss your application or for any questions related to the Community Grants please contact Council's Community Development Officer on (08) 8983 0600 or email here